Smith's Tropical Paradise Luau
MONTHLY CALL IN SPECIAL
Please call to place your reservation for Smith's Tropical Paradise Luau and you will receive an additional $9 off per adult on an additional activity. Must book another activity with Smith's Luau to receive additional discount.
A popular combination is Smith's Luau and the Fern Grotto Cruise, a 1.5 hour boat ride up the Wailua River. Be sure to add the luau to cart before using this link!
The Smith's Family invites you to a special evening under the stars celebrating Hawaiian culture at their tropical garden luau, held at a torch-lit lagoon amphitheater along the Wailua River. Upon arrival, you'll be warmly welcomed with a shell lei. The evening's festivities begin with the traditional blowing of the conch shell and the lighting of the torches. Then watch the Hawaiian imu ceremony and see how the ancient Hawaiians cooked their foods in an earthen oven.
The cultural presentations are followed by a delicious luau feast. The luau table is set with a wide variety of delicacies, including kalua pork, chicken adobo, teriyaki beef, mahi mahi (island fish), lomi salmon and a variety of vegetables, salads, rice and of course, dessert. Following dinner, enjoy a spectacular Polynesian show featuring music and dances from Hawaii, Tahiti, Samoa, the Philippines, New Zealand, China and Japan.
Smith’s Luau Highlights:
- Receive a shell lei greeting
- Stroll around the 30-acre gardens or take a narrated tram tour
- Witness the traditional imu ceremony – see how the ancient Hawaiians cooked kalua pig wrapped in ti leaves in an earthen oven
- Enjoy the delicious luau buffet dinner featuring a wide variety of delicacies
- Mai Tais, beer, wine, standard bar drinks and soft drinks are available throughout the dinner hour
- Watch the spectacular luau show following dinner
- Kalua Pork
- Chicken Adobo
- Beef Teriyaki
- Sweet ‘n’ Sour Mahi Mahi
- Lomi Salmon
- Fresh Poi
- Hawaiian Sweet Potato
- Macaroni Salad
- Namasu Salad
- Fried Rice
- Tropical Desserts
Smith's Luau also offers a Show Only package. This package skips the luau feast and only includes the after dinner evening show.
Welcome to Smiths Luau
- Where and When:
- From March to October, check-in for the full luau is at 5:00 pm.
From November to February, check-in for the full luau is at 4:45 pm.
Check-in for the show only is at 7:15 pm.
Wailua Marina State Park View Map
3-5971 Kuhio Hwy
Kapaa, HI 96746
- Operation Days:
- January, November and December: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
February through May and September, October: Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays.
June through August: Mondays through Fridays.
- Approx. 3.5 hours
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Infant pricing (children 2 and under) allows for children to have their own food and seat if you would like.